Some horror stories
- It was like a cow field with muck everywhere including the walls, ceilings and bedding
- They stole our toilet and sink from the bathroom
- Someone had defecated under the bed
- They played football in the lounge because it was raining outside
- There were 14 people staying in our caravan
- They took all our summer plant containers home with them
- This is simply abuse of our trust. They have ruined our holiday caravan
- Their cheque was returned and we did not know until after they’d left our caravan
Benefits of sub-letting
- You decide who stays in your caravan.
- You can screen your holidaymakers at the initial point of contact.
- You decide the rate you charge.
- You decide which and how many weeks to let until your costs are covered.
- You can meet the holidaymakers on site to give them the key (lots of advantages to this).
- You know which weeks are available for the rest of the year for yourself.
One big benefit we found was:
You can place a sign ‘TO LET’ in your window and take inquiries direct from your caravan window. If you see people taking your telephone number, you can show them around and take a booking there and then, or build a strong rapport for later so they don’t forget you.